Oak Grove's Planned Response to COVID-19
UPDATED February 25, 2022
OAK GROVE’S COVID-19 POLICY
As the COVID Variants continue to infect our community, it is critical to continue implementing protocols recommended by the CDC in order to lessen the spread of this virus. Please note:
- Sick students need to stay at home. This is the single best mitigation effort.
- Oak Grove will continue to focus on washing hands, hygiene, and disinfecting efforts.
- Masks are still optional. We will continue to respect the individual circumstances of families and want parents to have control over the decisions for their child/children.
If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, please do not come onto Oak Grove’s campus. Please contact Kati Hurst ([email protected]), our Director of Operations.
- Are you or anyone in your household currently awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing?
- Have you or anyone in your household been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above within the last 48 hours?
If COVID positive, communicate with the Director of Operations with an email.
- If COVID exposed or in close contact for more than 15 minutes, communicate with the Director of Operations with an email.
- Administrative staff will determine the return date based on five days after the first day of symptoms. (Example: If symptoms began Saturday, the return date is Friday.) Administrative staff will also inquire about siblings and determine their return date dependent on the last date of exposure, symptoms, and other relevant details.
- Upon returning to school after being positive, it is strongly recommended to continue masking for up to 10 days due to this variant being so contagious.